Thursday 10 December 2015

WHAT MATTERS TO LIFE!

 Blessed was I to be born naked
Pure and innocent in everyone’s eye
Sucked the breasts of unique kind
Tasted the milk that never could match

Tender was I to be hugged and kissed
Uniquely learned to return the same
Different was the attire that I wore
Made me feel special and proud

Served was I with unique cultural food
That made me believe as the only tastiest food
Journeying East and West, North and South
Have realized how little that I had tasted

Innocent was I to be filled with beliefs and traditions
That gave my life a sense of purpose and meaning
Thought my thinking pattern the only way to truth
But sorry! It was only one among the millions

Frail was I to be conditioned by my little background
That watered down million ways of thinking to a single one
Insecure of my little world I ignored to think outside the frame
But thanks to education that freed the mind from my little world

Bestowed was I with capacity to intellectualize and argue
But what matters to life is little love and compassion shared
Shortness is the life to be lived with full zest
For naked I was born, naked shall be my return!

Romanius Barwa

No comments:

Post a Comment